Make sure your computer is equipped with the software and hardware you need to complete academic activities; stay in touch with students, faculty, and staff; and manage your time—all online.
Review the University’s Technology Requirements carefully. Courses may require additional software and hardware. Review the Additional Software and Hardware Requirements to check. While you may use mobile devices like smartphones, tablets, and Chromebooks to do some work online, you must have access to a desktop computer (PC or Mac) or laptop to complete all of your coursework. Contact Support & Solutions 24/7 at 866-522-7747 with questions.
Microsoft Office 365—You get a complimentary subscription with free renewals as long as you’re an active student. Go to: Purdue Global Campus > University Info > Student Store and Discounts.
Windows 10 and 11—As a Purdue Global student, you can download Windows 10 or 11 Education free of charge. Go to: Purdue Global Campus > University Info > Student Store and Discounts.
Purdue Global Student Email—You’ve received a Purdue Global Gmail account. Access it from the upper right corner of the Purdue Global Campus homepage. Instructors use email to communicate with you in class and you can use it to communicate with other students.
Google Drive—The Drive in your student Gmail account gives you free access to Google’s collaboration tools such as Chat (instant messaging), Google Meet (video conferencing), Calendar, Docs, and more. See the Google Help Site for information.
Purdue Global Campus
Purdue Global Campus is your virtual University campus and student portal. It is fully mobile responsive, which means it adapts to your device whether it’s a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or phone to give you a comfortable experience. Log in to Purdue Global Campus and take some time to explore it. Not sure where to find something? Call us 24/7 at 866-522-7747.
- Your online classes including your Purdue Global Orientation, your degree plan, and course grades
- Academic resources such as the Writing Center, Math Center, tutoring services, and the University Library
- Account information including your personal information, account balance, and funding information like financial aid disbursements
- Important networks such as the CareerNetwork and Student Life
- Notifications about your account and announcements about events happening at the University
- Contact information for your Student Advisor, Technical Support, Student Finance, and other support teams
- And much more
The seminar tool enables you to meet in a real-time online session with your instructor and classmates for an in-depth discussion of various course topics. In a traditional course, you use it for your weekly “seminar.” In an ExcelTrack® competency module, you use it for optional “Faculty Connect” sessions.
Review the Student User Guide to learn:
- Computer software requirements
- How to access the tool
- How to participate in a seminar or Faculty Connect session
- How to access a recorded seminar
Your Purdue Global Orientation gives you plenty of hands-on practice with the seminar tool. Make sure you complete it to be ready for your first-term classes.
Contact Technical Support 24/7 at 866-522-7747 if you need any assistance.